Debt Relief Lawyers
Free Initial Evaluation 888.301.0584
We're Your #1 Advocate New York Debt Relief Firm

Name Change Lawyer

Serving New York City

Getting a name change can be a significant event in a person's life. Going at it along may seem nervewracking and daunting. An experienced attorney can streamline the process help you avoid common pitfalls. At the Law Office of Simon Goldenberg PLLC, we understand the frustration people go through when seeking to change their name. We can handle the complexities, making the process relatively easy and stress-free for you. Call our law firm to learn if you qualify for our affordable flat-fee legal services.

Need Help Getting A Name Change? Give us a call today at (888) 301-0584.

Why do people change their names?

Perhaps one of the most common reasons for legal name changes is simply a dislike for ones current legal name. While we have the ability to decide many things in life, unfortunately our birth name is not one of them. Perhaps there is a misspelling in your birth name, or you desire a more unique name to reflect your personality and identity. Whatever your cause for disliking your current name, there exists the option to change it in a way that better reflects yourself. In New York City, a person can seek to change their name for nearly any reason, so as long as their purpose is not to avoid paying their financial obligations and there isn't a fraudulent intent.

Some common reasons for people seeking to change their names are:

  1. Divorce
  2. Fraud
  3. Adoption
  4. Security & Privacy Concerns
  5. Sex Change
  6. Religious Conversion
  7. Fresh Start
  8. And many more...

Age Requirements

  • A person must be at least 18 years old to obtain an Order of Name Change from the court.
  • To obtain a name change for children under 18 years old, both parents must be involved and not object. A judge will make a determination as to whether the petition for name change is in the best interests of the child.

Common questions about Name Change:

Lawyer For Name Change in New York City

If you live in New York and are contemplating changing your name, you're probably exploring your options and researching the filing fees, publication fees, court appearances, and other necessary items. You might have some questions and concerns about getting the process done properly or dealing with potential challenges relating to child support or a prior criminal conviction. Our Name Change Lawyer can help take the uncertainty out of the equation and maximize the likelihood that your petition will be successful through careful analysis and preparation of the name change petition.

At the Law Office of Simon Goldenberg PLLC, we take great pride in guiding our clients every step of the way, until their matter is full disposed. We welcome you to read our positive client reviews to learn about our tremendous dedication to client satisfaction.

Contact our law firm today to request your free name change evaluation from our attorneys.

What areas do we cover? All five boroughs of New York City! Including: Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Bronx, and Staten Island. If you require a name change petition on Long Island (Nassau County/Suffolk County), or in Westchester County, contact us to learn if we can assist in your situation.

Our Commitment to Excellence

  • NACA
  • Martindale
  • rated by super lawyers
  • Avvo 10.0
  • Avvo - Reviews
  • BBB
  • Super Lawyers
  • Avvo - Top Contributor
  • avvo - superb
  • avvo - clients choice
  • asla

Contact Us

Receive a Free Initial Case Review
  • Please enter your First Name.
  • Please enter your Last Name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.