Where to file a Name Change Petition?

For Residents of New York City

If you've completed a petition for name change in New York City, your next step is to determine where to file the petition. Keep in mind that, along with the petition, you will also need to file any pertinanet affidavits and consents, as well as any documentation relating to prior incarcertation or changing a child's name. Failure to submit a complete and accurate petition, along with the requisite documentation will increase the likelihood that the petition will be denied.

Need a Name Change? - Call our lawyers!


Or Call Today: (888) 301-0584

File the Name Change in Your Home County

If you reside in New York City, you will want to file the petition for name change in the county in which you reside. For example:

  1. If you live in Brooklyn, you may file your name change petition in Kings County Civil Supreme Court.
  2. If you live in Manhattan, you may file your name change petition in New York County Civil Supreme Court.
  3. If you live in Staten Island, you may file your name change petition in Richmond County Civil Supreme Court.
  4. If you live in Queens, you may file your name change peition in Queens County Civil Supreme Court.
  5. If you live in the Bronx, you may file your name change petition in the Bronx County Civil Supreme Court.

Lawyers For Name Change

Our legal team and affiliated attorneys offer name change services to all boroughs of NYC. Our attorneys have offices conveniently located in Brooklyn and Manhattan, which help serve peolpe seeking name changes through the city. We can handle the complexities of the peitition and address any challeges that stand in the way of you obtaining your new official identity. Visit our dedicated answer library if you have more questions about getting a name change. Don't hesitate to contact us to learn how we can help.

Call the New York Name Change Lawyers at the Law Office of Simon Goldenberg PLLC at (888) 301-0584.

Contact Our Firm

Have questions? Fill out the information below to receive an immediate response.

Submit Your Message
New York Debt Collection Defense Attorney

Office Location:

Law Office of Simon Goldenberg, PLLC
New York Debt Collection Defense Attorney
818 E 16th Street,
Brooklyn, NY 11230
Local Phone: 347.389.0245
Directions [+]

Call for a free consultation


Follow Us On:

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.