How To Dispute Your Credit Report

With Experian, Transunion, & Equifax

You’re probably reading this page because you have some negative information on your credit report that you’d like to dispute. Regardless of whether your issue is a late payment, a collection account, incorrect balance, or some other reporting problem, you can submit a dispute directly to the credit bureaus to have the notation investigated. Disputes can be made by phone, mail, or online.

The first step is to obtain your free credit report. Next, you need to identify which credit bureau is reporting the adverse information – Experian, Equifax, or Transunion. You would submit your dispute to whichever bureau is reporting the problematic information. If all three bureaus are reporting the errenous data, then you would submit disputes to all the bureaus separately.

To dispute your credit report online, you can use these links:

Upon receiving your dispute, the credit bureau will conduct an investigation and will attempt to confirm the validity of the information with the data furnisher. If the information cannot be verified, it may be deleted. The bureaus will usually respond to disputes within 30-days, oftentimes even sooner.

If you need help repairing your credit report, call our attorneys at us at (888) 301-0584 or schedule a free evaluation.

Contact Our Firm

Have questions? Fill out the information below to receive an immediate response.

Submit Your Message
New York Debt Collection Defense Attorney

Office Location:

Law Office of Simon Goldenberg, PLLC
New York Debt Collection Defense Attorney
818 E 16th Street,
Brooklyn, NY 11230
Local Phone: 347.389.0245
Directions [+]

Call for a free consultation


Follow Us On:

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.