New York, New York: On February 6th, 2017,
Attorney Simon Goldenberg presented,
Defending a Consumer Debt Case, a Continuing Legal Education program with Lawline. Broadcast live online
and recorded at Lawline’s Studio in lower Manhattan, the program
offered viewers strategies on defending debt collection lawsuits. It is
now available for on-demand viewing at Lawline.com.
Defending A Consumer Debt Case with Simon Goldenberg, Esq. was part of the Bankruptcy & Debt Relief broadcast.
The course objectives include:
Answering the complaint
- Discussion of the available defenses
- Documentary evidence defense
- Statute of limitations issues
- Analysis of original creditors vs. debt buyers
Understanding counterclaims, such as claims under the
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) for false or deceptive practices.
- Understanding various discovery devices such as Notices to Admit, Interrogatories,
and Demand for Production of Documents.
- Bringing and responding to Motions to Strike and Compel Discovery, Motions
to Dismiss, and Motions for Summary Judgment.
Strategies for successful
Started in 1999, Lawline is the leading online Continuing Legal Education
provider. Currently offering over 1,000 Online CLE Courses in 46 states,
Lawline has continued to produce high quality award winning content year