Want to reduce your credit card debt with
The American Express Company offers a variety of travel and merchant related
services, but they are best known for being an issuer of credit cards
and charge cards. When a borrower experiences a reduction in income, it’s
easy for debts to spiral out of control, especially with compounding interest
rates of up to 24.9%.
The Law Office of Simon Goldenberg PLLC has assisted numerous consumers
and businesses with respect to resolving their debts owed to American
Express. If you're reading this page, you likely fall into one of
the following categories of borrowers:
- You have recently defaulted and are being contacted by debt collectors; or
- You received debt collection lawsuit in New York or New Jersey;
- You already have a judgment against you, and you want to avoid bank account
seizure and wage garnishment.
If you owe a debt to American Express for a credit card, charge card, or
line of credit, call our lawyers to learn your options for relief.
Want To Reduce Your Debt with American Express?
Call Today: (888) 301-0584
American Express Fined For Illegal Practices
In 2012, a federal investigation found that AMEX violated consumer protection
laws during the enrollment, payment, and collection stages of dealing
with consumers. An order was issued requiring 3 subsidiaries to refund
about $85 million to nearly 250,000 people. This was all a result of alleged
illegal card practices by American Express.
About American Express Bank
Initially founded in 1850, American Express ("Amex") is currently
headquartered in New York, NY. They account for nearly a quarter of the
credit cards transaction in the United States. They actively bring lawsuits
through various collection law firms against consumers and business in
New York and New Jersey for outstanding credit card debts. In some situations
Amex nay bring a lawsuit within just a few months of when the borrower
enteres delinquency on the credit line.
Amex and its subsidiaries provide a broad range of services, including:
- Charge Cards (Optima Card, Gold Card, Platinum Card, Black Card, etc…)
- Credit Cards (Starwoods and other brands)
- Travelers Cheques
- Merchant Processing for American Express Cards
- Servicing & Settlement of Merchant Transactions
Subsidiaries of American Express include:
- American Express Bank, FSB
- American Express Banking Corp.
- American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc.
- American Express Receivables Financing Corporation IV LLC
- American Express Business Loan Corporation
- American Express Centurion Bank
- American Express Receivables Financing Corporation III LLC
- American Express Credit Corporation
American Express Debt Reduction & Lawsuit Defense
Our lawyers help consumers and businesses negotiate settlements to
reduce credit card debt with American Express, and we also provide rigorous defense from lawsuit
brought by American Express in New York and New Jersey. If your facing
collection activity, call our law firm to learn how we can be of assistance.
If you're overwhelmed with credit card debt, contact us at (888) 301-0584
to schedule your